Friday 13 February 2015

Lesley's biog and Bee block


Hi, My name is Lesley and I have been a member of the Edinburgh Modern Quilt Guild since we began nearly a year ago. I live in Edinburgh with my husband and 3 year old little boy.



I sewed a lot when I was at school, mostly making clothes, with the help of my mum. Fun fact: I won a competition at school designing and making sports kit, and won Roger Black for the day! But at university I had a lot less time for sewing and making. Then 2 years ago when I finished my MA, I treated myself to a new sewing machine, and I was hooked again. I managed to get to one of the classes at mybearpaw, and made my first quilt.




 I haven't stopped since, and I am hooked on pattern. This cathedral window cushion is one of my favourite makes so far. I also seem to make a lot of baby quilts for people! 


My block for the february bee is an offset churn dash, with a navy background for cream, coral and light blue. The idea is that the blocks will look like they are kind of floating. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...