Saturday 12 December 2015

December meeting - Even our cake is patchwork!

Go on, you are totally jealous aren't you :-) how awesome is our patchwork cake!! Decembers meeting hit new standards of fabulousness. We were having our traditional Christmas get together. Audreys patchwork cake did steal the show, which is saying a lot because our members baking is as good as their sewing!
 
 
Katy's Oreo cookie chocolate balls were pretty awesome too, as were Janes little salmon prawn nibbles. All in all a great gastronomic evening!
We had a show and tell too! Helens beautiful porthole quilt, all hand quilted too.
Do you remember Audrey's block was a flying geese strip in neutrals? Well here is the finished version! So lovely and soft.
Ok I will have to put my hands up and say I have no idea who made this! (Edited, the lovely Sue made this!) Honestly things were going fast and quick and I couldn't keep up with who had done what! But hey it's gorgeous and I know someone will tell me whose it was so I can correct this.
 
Robins bag, made from the improv portrait block taught by Jo at the stitchgathering.
Nope I didn't manage to get a note of who did this either!! Oh dear and I only had one glass of wine as well! Beautiful Liberty ornaments, I think these might have been part of our ornament swap. I didn't manage to get many pictures of those, but I think this was one of them.
Ahhhh! Janice! My notes say this was Janice?? Bother my notes also say that Sue did a stocking! Sooper pretty though I'll bet the recipient was well chuffed with this.
It's ok ta over must be Janice as here is Sue with her stocking! Both beautiful.
 
 
Janes show and tell was this box! She made it for our ornament swap
Beautiful twin needle quilting from our uber talented Tayana, a lovely you've got mail mini!
Awwww sweet hazel cushion from Barbara.
Lesley showed us her progress on the modern medallion quilt, fab colours.
Fiona asked for a Christmas disappearing nine patch block, I'm amazed at the variety of fabrics chosen, all super!
I mentioned we had a Christmas ornament swap! Because we all opened them at the same time I was a bit rushed to get pictures of them all, and boy there were some amazing ones, not least my very own one from Jaquie! It now has pride of place on my tree.
 

Talking of the lovely Jacquie I have to finish with this beautiful quilt. It has been mentioned in previous blog posts that Lesley is expecting a new addition to her family. Jacquie very kindly suggested that she use her bee block month for us all to make blocks for a quilt for Lesely.

 

And here it is! I haven't been able to fully capture the lovely teddy bear quilting done by Tatyana. But you know her work is awesome don't you!

 

And of course there was the delivery of the quilts from our swap with the Melbourne modern quilt guild but that's a whole other blog post!

Have a lovely Christmas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Christmas in March! For this month only i'm handing over the blog (mostly) to Mags Scammell. She is the host of tonight's ceremony...